Integrating diversity - inclusion and acceptance - makes BGE a stronger, better and smarter company. We are committed to making diversity an integral part of our business - our employees, our suppliers and our community.
- Diversity is part of our Core Values - driving who we are and what we do.
- Our most competitive strategy is recruiting, retaining and developing a smart cohesive workforce.
- We provide diversity training to our workforce.
- We regularly conduct internal audits to ensure compliance with EEO and AA requirements.
- Over the past 12 years, we have offered procurement opportunities to minority, small and women-owned businesses in Central Maryland and beyond.
- We will continue to build a network of suppliers that represent our customers, communities and employees.
- BGE has spent over $50M with diverse and women-owned suppliers.
- We support programs that empower households in Maryland's depressed neighborhoods and foreign language communities. Some of the programs offer financial assistance referrals, city school mentoring, community information fairs and senior outreach.