If you smell natural gas or see downed power lines, leave the area immediately. Then call BGE, this number is available 24 /7.
In the event of a potential gas leak:
- Leave the premises immediately and go to a safe place where you can call BGE at 1.800.685.0123.
- Extinguish all open flames. Do not use matches or lighters and do not attempt to light an appliance.
- Do not touch any phones, switches, thermostats or appliances. All devices, including battery operated equipment, can cause sparks.
- Do not start any motorized equipment. Turn off and abandon any motorized equipment you may be operating.
- Do not attempt to find the source of the leak or to repair a leak.
Remember, if you smell gas, leave your home first, THEN call 800.685.0123.