In an ongoing effort to improve your customer experience, we have upgraded our billing system.
Our new system enables us to access customer information more efficiently and offer new services.
As a result, all BGE customers will receive new account numbers. For the majority of customers, including those who pay their bill through the mail and most that pay through online banking systems, the upgrade will require no action.
For customers who receive electronic bills and pay via bge.com:
- You can now access your account using your current username and recently-updated password.
- When you access bge.com to pay your bill after the upgrade we will ask you to re-enter your banking information. You will need your bank routing number and your bank account number. Your bge.com username and recently-updated password will remain the same.
- Please note it will take three business days to verify your bank account information, even if it is the same bank account you used previously. During the verification period, you will not be able to make payments. You will receive an email when your account information is verified and you can begin scheduling online payments. In the meanwhile, please visit Ways to Pay on BGE.com for alternate payment options.
- Customers who manage multiple accounts through bge.com will need to re-establish access to each additional account after the upgrade.
- The electronic billing option has been preselected. To switch to paper bills, after you log in click the “Preferences” tab on the top right and select “send me paper bills.”
We appreciate your assistance as we make this important upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
We hope you will take advantage of the new features the upgraded system will offer, including the ability to sign up for monthly automatic payments.
If you have questions about our upgraded customer account system, please call our contact center at 800.685.0123. Please note there may be higher than usual call volumes as we assist customers with the transition to the new system.