Energy choice is easy
- Before signing a contract with a new supplier, be certain the company is licensed by the Maryland PSC and registered by BGE.
- Research suppliers and their programs and billing options carefully.
- Once you have selected a competitive supplier, contact that supplier directly.
- They will request your Choice ID number when you sign up for or change your electric or gas supply plan. Your Choice ID number can be found on the back of you BGE Bill. Your Electric Choice ID number is located in the "Electric Details" portion of your bill and the Gas Choice ID number is located in the "Gas Details" portion of your bill.
- After you authorize a supplier to enroll you, the supplier will contact BGE directly about the changes to your account.
- Gas Business customers with annual natural gas use greater than 12,000 dekatherms should contact their BGE account executive for information about the Daily Metered Program.
Changing or Cancelling Suppliers
If you decide to switch from one supplier to another, first check the terms of your contract with your existing supplier, as well as the terms of the agreement with the new supplier. Be sure to inquire of your present supplier if switching will result in any penalties. Next, contact the new supplier with your Choice ID number to initiate enrollment.
When you cancel service with a gas supplier, the supplier will process your cancellation request to meet the utility's next available cancellation cycle. When you cancel service with an electricity supplier, the supplier will process your cancellation request within two business days of receiving the cancellation request.