- What is a payment plan?
- A payment plan is an agreement to pay a past due balance in equal installments over a number of months, plus the current bill each month. The Personal Payment Plan is available to qualifying customers and requires a one-third down payment, and will spread out the total remaining balance for up to 6 months, allowing you to pay a portion of your balance in addition to your monthly bill.
- Who qualifies for a Personal Payment Plan?
- There can be factors that make a customer ineligible to receive a plan. If you are ineligible, you will be notified within 3 days. At minimum ...
- If I don't qualify for a Personal Payment Plan, can I still get some other kind of payment plan?
- Possibly. If you satisfy the requirements above, but still receive an email saying you may not receive a Personal Payment Plan, you should call BGE at 800.685.0123 to discuss your other options.
- Are there any fees associated with a Personal Payment Plan?
- While there are no fees or charges to establish a Personal Payment Plan, the monthly bills will reflect the standard late payment charge on the remaining balance.
- Are payment plans allowed on Budget Billing?
- Yes. Your payment plan installment amount would be added to your regular monthly Budget Billing amount.
- Are payment plans allowed on BGEasy?
- Are commercial accounts eligible for a Payment Plan?
- No. Only residential accounts are eligible for Payment Plans.
- Can I pay more than the billed amount each month?
- Yes, and any such overpayments would be deducted from the next month’s installment amount (the amount added to your current bill). Please be sure not to pay less than the amount billed each month, as doing so would result in the payment plan being broken.
- How is my down payment amount calculated?
- The down payment is equal to 1/3 of the total amount due (your past due amount plus your current bill).
- When is the down payment due?
- Your down payment must be received by BGE or an authorized payment center before 5 p.m. on the specified due date. If you are approved for a Personal Payment Plan you will receive an email indicating the amount and due date of your down payment.
- What happens if a payment plan is broken?
- If you miss even one payment on your plan, you will be in default and we will not be able to grant another plan of this type for 18 months and your service may be subject to disconnection.