The application process is now open through May 16, 2016.
Environmental stewardship is one of BGE’s core values. Due to our commitment to use natural resources responsibly, prevent pollution and, improve energy efficiency, BGE GREEN GRANTS are being offered to communities within the BGE's service area. These grants complement our environmental giving and are part of steps to link our employees to the communities they live and work in.
Grants will be considered for new and existing programs that fall within the Environmental Focus Areas as well as requests for funding that clearly demonstrates improvement in environmental efforts of the community.
All applications must include a project budget indicating how grant dollars will be spent.
Applications will not be accepted for grants requested for basic operating expenses.
The project must be located geographically within the BGE service area.
BGE employee engagement is preferred but not required (Example: board or volunteer role).
All awarded grantees must submit a brief report by February 2016 detailing expenditures of the grant in order to be considered for any future funding
Organization must be a 501c3 non-profit with Board of Directors
Organization must meet all grant guidelines description for eligibility
Grant range - $500-$10,000
Environmental Focus Areas
- Green Space preservation
- Wetlands restoration
- Wildlife/habitat protection
- Workshops, seminars, training and/or public relations to inform and influence the public regarding environmental stewardship
- Projects and/or partnerships that support large and small-scale energy conservation measures
- Recycling projects and drop-off collection events
- Tree plantings and maintenance to reduce CO2 emissions
- Litter reduction
- Neighborhood, park clean-ups
- Creation of public green spaces, community gardens, urban forests