Learn Do-It Yourself Conservation Strategies and Explore BGE Programs
Warmer temperatures make your air conditioning system work harder. It's time to make a SummerReady checklist, with energy-saving tips.
Tour our SummerReady Virtual Home and find tools and resources to prepare for the summer heat and reduce energy use.
- Explore the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program®. This program offers a variety of powerful options to save energy and money.
- Schedule a Quick Home Energy Check-up, an energy efficiency professional will walk through your home and provide valuable energy-saving items for better efficiency.
- Participate in BGE Smart Energy Rewards®, a voluntary program that helps you earn credits on your summer electricity bills.
- Join PeakRewards℠, and help offset air conditioner demand during “peak” electricity usage. Participants can earn $100-$200 in bill credits each cycling period, June through September.
- Also, consider Budget Billing. Despite changes in weather, your energy bill remains predictable