What’s on your WinterReady checklist? Colder temperatures make your heating system work harder to keep your home feeling comfortable. That’s why now is the time to make your WinterReady checklist, with energy-saving improvements that can make a difference in your comfort level and your winter heating bill.
Schedule a Quick Home Energy Check-up
, an energy efficiency professional will walk with you through your home to provide valuable tips for increased efficiency.
- Explore the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program®. This program offers a variety of options to save energy, money and the environment.
- Make these do-it yourself energy-saving improvements:
- Save an average of 2% on your energy bill for every degree you lower your thermostat.
- Lower the temperature on your water heater and conserve hot water when you can.
- Seal holes and seams in your ductwork and gaps around doors, windows, and outlets.
- Ensure you have 12 to 15 inches of attic insulation, or an R-38 level.
- Open curtains and drapes during the day, to let the sun warm your home. Close them at night for insulation.