BGE.com is currently unavailable due to scheduled maintenance.
If you smell natural gas or see downed power lines, leave the area immediately, and then call BGE at 1-800-685-0123. This number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If a power line is down:
Do not touch or go near the downed power line. Always assume a power line is energized and extremely dangerous. Keep others away.
Call BGE at 1-800-685-0123.
If your power is out:
Call 1-877-778-2222. Please have your account number available when you call.
To sign up for outage notifications text ADD OUTAGE to 69243 (MYBGE).
Subscribers to Outage Alerts can text "OUT" to 69243 (MYBGE).
Check our outage map to locate your outage and see the progress we’re making to restore power.
If you detect a gas leak:
- Leave the premises immediately and go to a safe place where you can call BGE at 1-800-685-0123.
- Extinguish all open flames. Do not use matches or lighters and do not attempt to light an appliance.
- Do not use any phones, electric switches, thermostats or appliance controls. All of these devices, including battery operated equipment, can cause sparks and ignite natural gas.
- Do not start or turn off vehicles or motorized equipment. Abandon any motorized equipment you may be operating.
- Do not attempt to find the source of the leak or to repair a leak.
When you call, BGE will respond promptly to survey the area, perform safety measures, and repair BGE’s equipment.
For all other inquiries, please contact our Customer Care Center: 1-800-685-0123
- 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Fax: 410-712-9323
- TTY/TDD (Maryland Relay Service): 1-800-735-2258
- Emergency service is available 24 hours a day
- Foreign-language interpreters are available
Available Online Resources
- The BGE Smart Energy Savers Program® is a family of smart choices that will help you save energy, money and improve the environment.