In addition to supporting and participating in various community events aimed at helping our customers, BGE also hosts educational presentations and uses speaking opportunities to provide information on topics such as:
- Save Energy, Save Money – A fun, interactive conservation presentation designed to give no-and low-cost energy saving strategies to groups of 25 or more.
- Energy Assistance – A presentation that provides information about energy assistance programs, eligibility requirements, and instructions on applying for assistance.
- Gas and Electric Safety – Addresses what to do when the power goes out, reporting gas odors, electric emergencies, and tampering with electricity.
- Billing – A simple and easy-to-understand guide on how to read your monthly gas and electric bill.
- Budget Billing – Despite unexpected fluctuations in the weather, your energy bills can still be predictable. Learn how BGE's Budget Billing Program can take the ups and downs out of your energy bills.
- From Power Plant to You – Students in grades 4-6 learn how electricity is made, transmitted and distributed. From Power Plant to You literally starts at the beginning of the generation cycle and follows through to the "flick of the switch" in the consumer’s home or business.
- Orientation to the World of Work – Students in grades 9-12 explore the world of work. The presentation is aimed at helping high school students to understand what it takes to be successful on the job. Students learn about resume writing, interviewing, business ethics and how to dress for success..
- Utility Careers …more than reading meters – Who works at the local utility? High school students discover that their local utility employs everyone from a custodian to a physician. Students learn about employment trends, developmental opportunities and how to prepare for the job of their dreams. By the end of the program students understand that the local utility is more than just a company that keeps the lights on.
Our Community Outreach Calendar
provides a listing of presentations that BGE has held in various communities. If you are interested in scheduling a BGE representative to present to your group, contact our Community Relations Hotline at 410.470.4103, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or e-mail email@example.com